Custodian of Records Assistant at USAA
Posted in Facilities 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job Provides assistance and support to staff for all matters handled by the Custodian of Records for USAA Federal Savings Bank in response to requests for Subpoena's, Criminal and Civil Court Orders, Grand Jury and National Security Letters for member related issues. Performs routine research and compiles data from various sources. Maintain working knowledge of industry and internal policies, procedures and processes.
We are currently seeking a talented Custodian of Records Assistant for our San Antonio, TX location.
- Works under direct supervision; acquires and applies working knowledge of industry and internal policies and processes.
- Uses established procedures and significant experience to carry out moderately complex work assignments.
- Retrieves necessary data for Bank Custodian of Record requests for USAA Federal Savings Bank.
- Under the direction of Bank Counsel in preparing documents and correspondence; organizes and coordinates deadlines, and various administrative tasks.
- Performs research and analysis on confidential and sensitive member records to determine appropriate action to take in response to requests from appropriate federal, state, and local government agencies; communicate with members as needed.
- Assist with proper filing of documents with regulatory authorities, courts and other tribunals and monitors status; appropriately distributes copies of all required member related banking documents.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of legal requirements in assigned area of specialization; serves as subject matter expert for the Bank.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- 1 or more years financial services experience.
- Developing knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and internal applicable processes and operating systems.
- 3 years Deposit Background
- Strong experience with Bank Custodian of Records (all work item types to include Child Support Garnishment, IRS Levy, State Comptroller, State Levy, Texas Workforce, VA Demand for Payment, Writ of Garnishment).
- 3 years of deep knowledge and experience processing Liens, Levi's and Garnishments.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.