CDL A Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate - Pelham, AL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pelham, Alabama
Job ID: 124987
Georgia Masonry Supply is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
The warehouse associate is responsible for delivering building material products from our warehouse to various job sites in AL.
- Ability to lift 50lb on a repetitive basis
- Must be capable of performing job duties such as bending, squatting, stooping, sweeping, and shoveling
- Must be able to safely drive various delivery vehicles up to and including tractor-trailer with Navigator/Moffit/Princeton style forklift on trailer
- Must be capable of operating a counterbalanced forklift
- Must be able to safely load and unload delivery vehicles
- Must be able to receive, organize, and maintain warehouse building materials products to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Ability to communicate both verbal & written and understand direction
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Two-handed dexterity needed for the use of tools and equipment
- Ability and willingness to learn how to execute each operational function associated with building materials
- Ability to maintain and enforce a safe working environment
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
- Class A CDL required
- CDL Class A License with at least 2 years of commercial driving experience
- Certificate of driving school training
- Must have acceptable driving record throughout employment (driving record changes/ updates will be monitored annually)
- Detailed oriented
- Able to work in team environment
- Meet the DOT federal regulations for certification annually
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Georgia Masonry Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Georgia Masonry Supply is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.