Sr. Technical Artist at Toys for Bob Inc
Posted in Art 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novato, California
Toys for Bob is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and enthusiastic temporary Sr. Technical Artist to join our team. We are looking for a seasoned veteran who loves making games to take ownership of the art tools and pipelines as we build our next game using Unreal 4.
- Develop and optimize efficient and robust materials/shaders to be used across multiple assets/characters/environments.
- Define environment workflow/lighting setup to deliver visual target with an eye towards performance and memory management.
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines, and collaborate with the art team to optimize workflows, authoring new tools as necessary.
- Establish content specs and requirements to achieve visual target while optimizing for performance and cross platform implications.
- Use diagnostic tools to analyze content and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with the management and integration of all art assets.
- Be proactive, and develop and implement new ideas/solutions to problems as they arise.
- Be collaborative and creative with a seasoned team of passionate developers.
- Ability to step in and lend a hand with content creation a huge plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior/lead technical artist.
- Extensive Experience with Unreal Engine, preferably UE4.
- Expert Maya user, with strong scripting skills in MEL, Python, C++
- Experience with Lighting, materials and shaders as applied to Physically Based Rendering
- Experience with Runtime analytics and optimization best practices.
- Buckets of enthusiasm and self-motivation, and a passion for making great games.
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the “Toys to Life” genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!