ROAD CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC CONTROL(FLAGGER) - DALLAS/FORT WORTH, TX at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 126727
TexasBit is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Bit is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The employee will be responsible for various flagging duties on construction and/or paving projects properly directing traffic in construction work zones in order to protect employees as well as property.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain traffic controls in all assigned work zones. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Responsible for understanding general work flow patterns in work zones and ensuring proper protocol and traffic requirements are followed and discussed with foreman/supervisor.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Direct movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and flag signals.
- Inform construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Inform drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
- Record license number of traffic control violators for police.
- Follow direction of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate equipment and PPE for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Be kind and courteous to the traveling public, pedestrians, and co-workers.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform general laborer duties when necessary.
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
- Previous related experience in the construction field is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age due to the nature of working environment.
- Must pass a drug screen, physical and criminal background check.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and /or MSHA. PPE that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and/or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Knowledge and/or previous related experience in work/construction zones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for long periods of time, repetitively hold signs and/or flags, repeated use and raise arms to chest height to direct traffic.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials TexasBit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials TexasBit is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.