Lead Production Engineer at Chicago_Randolph Office
Posted in Architecture 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
HERE’s Quality, Testing, Ingestion, and Processing (QTIP) team, part of Global Production Operations (GPO) is looking for a talented Lead Production Engineer. The QTIP team is responsible for data ingestion, managing logistics of distribution and receipt of hard drives from our field operations, quality assurance and processing the data.
The Lead Production Engineer will direct a team responsible for managing the data processing pipeline for all the data coming from our worldwide fleet and ensuring this data is of the highest quality. This data is the foundation for the next generation of location content that powers the HERE platform. The Lead Production Engineer has primary responsibility for cataloguing and fixing any pipeline related failures that prevent downstream customers from using HERE True data; resource management of Production Engineers; development of internal management tools and processes; and executing technology initiatives including the creation of documentation
- Serve as primary point for the Global QTIP team, with accountability for execution of the QTIP workflow: logistics for shipping and receiving hard drives, ingestion and processing.
- Leads QTIP forecasting and budgeting exercise as input to the overall GPO budget
- Responsible for achieving and reporting against specific business KPIs to ensure delivery in accordance with internal and external customer requirements
- Drives continuous process improvement and supports technology enhancements
- Partners with the appropriate stakeholders to develop operations management tools to support work activities
- Creates and maintains internal Production Engineering standard operating procedures and ISO documentation
- Represents Production Engineering team at inter-departmental meetings and workshops
- Coordinates cross-functional activities within GPO and across HERE Business Groups
- Ensures that all resources required for Ingestion, Process and Quality execution are secured and scheduled
- Manage critical programs
- Prepares executive ready presentations
- Responsible for administrative approval tasks (PTO, purchase requisitions, timesheets, etc)
- Mentors junior team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience - Major/Minor in GIS/Geography, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science/ Engineering or related science/technology field
- 8+ years of Production Engineering experience and 1 year of leadership experience
- Demonstrated expertise in performing detailed process analysis and identifying areas for improvement
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Rigorous and systematic with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience troubleshooting software issues.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems and/or programming or scripting a must (SQL, Python)
- Project management skills
- Expert knowledge of corporate management information systems (i.e. Clarity, PeopleSoft, Jira)
- Functional knowledge of internal software development practices, including Agile methodologies, software requirements development and user acceptance testing with a specific focus on the interface with and impact to prototyping activities
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to conceptualize solutions and delegate implementation to team members
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.