Sr/Principal Refine/Cast Analyst
at TimkenSteel Corporation
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction for continuous improvements in safety, quality, process reliability, operating costs, associate development, and new product development through the highly complex operations of the refining units and continuous caster. This position is very important to improving all KPIs assigned to the area of refining/casting. The selected candidate will drive continuous improvement by working with all aspects of the operations, including hourly associates, OCs, maintenance, process improvement, downstream operations, upstream operations, support groups, and metallurgical quality assurance.
- Provide specialized, multi-discipline technical knowledge of refining and continuous bloom casting operations in a highly complex and sophisticated sequence casting environment in order to maximize the cash flow and profit potential of the Harrison Steel Plant.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in the Critical Business Processes (CBPs) of Safety, Quality Management, Process Development, Financial Management, Associate Development, and New Product Development. Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support the CBPs and monitor progress towards continuous improvement.
- Develop written plans for continuous improvement in the KIVs which are to be executed by multi-disciplinary teams comprised of any combination of operating associates, maintainers, research, P&E Technology, Process Improvement - HSP, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, suppliers and others.
- Continuously improve the operations, value and efficiency of equipment, services, purchased materials, consumables and systems by working with suppliers, consultants, and other associates. This includes coordinating and participating in supplier negotiations, development of new suppliers and products, and rapid, permanent corrective action plans.
- Provide leadership, operating input, and expertise to the Operations Coordinators-Refine/Cast Unit. Plan repairs and continuous improvement activities to maintain equipment availability at highest possible level. Coordinate activities with the both of the units' Operations Coordinators-Reliability (Refining and Casting).
- Support self-directed work teams. This includes identifying areas where these teams are appropriate, providing the necessary training for the team members and exhibiting the necessary leadership to make the teams successful. Seek opportunities to expand the functions of self-directed teams within Refine/Cast Unit.
- Identify and plan training programs for the associates in refining and casting. Arrange, develop, and provide training as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Material Science, Engineering or related with at least 4 years of experience OR
- Master's degree in Material Science, Engineering or related with at least 2 years of experience
- Data analysis using MS Excel (and/or Access)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- 3+ years refining and/or continuous casting experience
- Problem solving experience. Lean manufacturing (or Six Sigma) experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.