Heavy Truck Mechanic (Night Shift) - RiverBend Materials Eugene at CPM Development Corporation
Posted in Automotive 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eugene, Oregon
<span style="font-family: "Calibri",sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">
Job ID: 126735
RiverBend Materials has united former companies Eugene Sand & Gravel, River Bend Sand & Gravel, Salem Road & Driveway and Green & White Rock Products. As a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, RiverBend Materials values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
We are creating a team of highly skilled people working safely to build long-term relationships with our customers and communities.
Integrity, superior quality and exceptional service will continue to be the foundation of our future.
This is a skilled position that is responsible for, but not limited to: heavy duty diesel engine, manual transmission, electronic engine controls, general electrical and hydraulic systems troubleshooting and repair. Successful candidate will be responsible to help with the maintenance of a fleet of dump trucks, trailers, ready-mix trucks and light vehicles. This position is 3:30pm-midnight with potential for overtime.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assist in complete overhaul and testing of gas and diesel engines.
- Assist in the repair and overhaul of various heavy equipment which could include crawler and wheel tractors, portable cranes, brooms, front end loaders, rollers, subgrade mixers, motor grades, compactors, pumps and air compressors.
- Ability to weld and use of torches and operations of lathes, saws, shapers, grinders, and presses.
- Heavy equipment parts familiarization including: parts catalogs, procurement, handling, storage, and cost of heavy equipment parts.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment).
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- Ability to work day shift, night shift and weekends as needed to make repairs necessary in the field and to perform preventive maintenance practices necessary to increase service life of equipment.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work may be required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience or college technical training and/or equipment experience
- CDL Class A self-certified non-excepted interstate and current DOT physical card is required within the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Regular, on time attendance is an essential function of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
River Bend Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
River Bend Sand & Gravel is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.