Principal Application Development/Application Development Specialist at TimkenSteel Corporation
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
Purpose and Scope
This position exists to support the Industrial and the Energy & Distribution Business Objectives as an Application Development Specialist based in Canton, Ohio. The scope of the Specialist includes leading & supporting business development activities that extend our current material capabilities and processing to exceed the needs of our customers as well as working with different areas of the business to complete activities and communicate results to management on a regular basis.This position does require up to 15% travel.
- Responsible for executing project goals and plans, monitoring the processing of orders, and evaluating results.
- Communicate project plans and updates between from the front end group back to the appropriate mill contact to drive improved adherence to customer specifications and expectations.
- Establish relationships with manufacturing, research, and sales/marketing to develop foundational knowledge for customer products and processes specific to the Oil & Gas industry as well as Industrial customers.
- Changing the company’s procedures and developing capabilities to stay ahead of industry standards and requirements.
- Manage short term application development projects. This includes Feasibility Reviews, Order Entry, Design Review, Verification of Outputs, Validation of Product, and Final Review of projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science or related Engineering fields with 7 to 9 years of experience in work related to business development with a preferred background in industrial or oil and gas applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science or related Engineering fields with 12 to 14 years of experience in work related to business development with a preferred background in industrial or oil and gas applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.