PROCESS ENGINEER at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Monroeville, Alabama
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
2 Process Engineers — Monroeville, AL
Georgia-Pacific is seeking two (2) Process Engineers in our particleboard plant in Monroeville, AL. The Process Engineer will be responsible for monitoring product quality and contributing to the overall direction and success of the operations. This position will also develop and apply strategies to optimize on-going operations using the automation platform in conjunction with the operations, maintenance and engineering staffs at the mill.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- To supervise/coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs
- Monitor equipment for accuracy, value, and yield
- Perform process checks and studies
- Keep management informed on process variables
- Provide support in the development of standard operating procedures
- Train and use a structured approach to problem solving. Serve as a proactive leader towards improvements to products, flow, cost, recovery, quality, work processes, etc.
- Participate/Lead projects that address step change improvements and gap closure
- Assist in monthly inventory verification and documentation
- Assist in process optimization to maximize production rates, product quality and yield
- Maintain calibration of process equipment to assure standards are met
- To lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner
- To take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Promote employee involvement; providing coaching, feedback and direction as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, provide safety training to production associates, team development, and delivering training materials in a meaningful approach
- Complete all paperwork and analysis in a timely and efficient manner
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Forest Products, Industrial/Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Technology, Agricultural (AG) Management, or AG Systems Management OR 2 years’ experience as a Process Engineer
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to rotating shifts, overnight shifts, and weekends
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 3+ years’ experience as a Process Engineer
- Experience with continuous improvement methods and lean manufacturing
- Computer network skills
- Experience with Quality Control Processes and monitoring systems
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf