IT VP/ Manager - SOX Auditor at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: New Britain, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The IT VP/ manager function owns and oversees the supervision and execution of SOX program's assessment supporting management's 302/ 404 certification. This includes responsibility for the planning & scoping, documentation, testing, retesting and reporting phases of the program. This includes but is not limited to;
- Develop and maintain a business network within system and technology areas of the Bank
- Map the financial statement accounts and disclosures to corresponding in-scope systems, technologies, models, reports and spreadsheets
- Preform an ITGC risk assessment
- Oversee the validation of key systems, technologies, models, reports and spreadsheets
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the documentation of ITGC process flows
- Oversee the assessment of operating effectiveness of the ITGC environment
- Ensure ITGC work papers and program documentation meet IIA standards
- Drive remediation activities and SOC I Type 2 & SOC II reviews
- Oversee the Chief Information Officer's 302 self-certification
- Own, execute and maintain assigned budgets, timelines and reporting responsibilities
- Assigned teams run in a meaningful and cost effective manner while maintaining high morale
- Responsible for SOX Office administrative functions and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university
- 8 - 14 years of internal controls experience
- SOX experience preferred
- 8 - 14 years of financial services experience
- Banking experience preferred
- Experience with operational and financial risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with audit techniques and procedures
- CISA, CIA or other relevant certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills.