Web Production Specialist at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Waterbury, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Reporting to the User Experience Lead and working closely with the Platform Marketing team, the Production Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the Webster Bank website.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has strong hands-on web production skills (Familiarity with Foundation & Drupal CMS is a plus)
- Has marketing and/or design background or related experience
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, but is able to work independently
- Stays on top of digital trends, best practices and standards
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day updates to website with new page production, new content, managing archived content and ad hoc requests
- Ensure production work is completed to the highest standards and that the accuracy and timelines of all launches are met
- Work with User Experience Lead and Digital Marketing Manager to implement UX/UI and SEO strategy on web site
- Perform production tasks directly or working with team members and/or vendor developers to complete the work
- Find, diagnose, and fix content problems, including broken links, typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
- Working knowledge of web & mobile design best practices (design experience a plus)
- Demonstrated experience using image editing tools (Photoshop, etc.).
- Experience using SEO-related tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Webmaster Tools)
- Proven ability to work on deadline in a high-pressure, hectic environment
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience writing both
- Knowledge of desktop and mobile website technologies
- Proficiency in Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot, adapt and pick up new techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with both senior and junior staff