Portfolio Assistant at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Southington, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Portfolio Assistant - Business Banking
This position is responsible for managing all deposit portfolio related functions in the Business Banking unit including, but not limited to, overdraft processing, ACH file management, and High Risk Business customer maintenance. The expectation for the position is to work directly with Bankers, Banking Center personnel, the Treasury & Payment Solutions team and Deposit Operations to help deliver an industry-leading customer service experience for our borrowing and non-borrowing business customers. This position will require the ability to prioritize daily workflow, multi-task while working on several different time-sensitive functions, communicate with senior level officers of the Bank, and liaison with Business Bankers and Banking Center staff throughout the entire Webster Bank footprint.
- Manage a portfolio of ACH limits associated with Business Banking customers by coordinating with Treasury & Payment Solutions sales and operations staff, the Business Unit's Senior Credit Executive and Relationship Managers.
- Perform periodic reviews of ACH limits according to Policy and ensure customer ACH files are organized, complete and updated.
- Escalate over limits or other issues to Senior Management as appropriate.
- Monitor and communicate daily overdraft decisions for deposit accounts assigned to the Business Banking unit and provide occasional exception processing for Banking Center customers.
- Provide Line of Business support to e-banking departments by handling Websteronline & Web-Link issues and Business Remote Deposit Capture eligibility and exception issues.
- Provide general support to the Group Manager of Business Banking
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, Business Bankers, Banking Center personnel, Underwriters, Portfolio Managers, Deposit Operations, and Treasury & Payment Solutions team members
- High School Diploma required - Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of Banking experience required
- Must be service oriented and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Very strong PC skills