Financial Analyst at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
With management oversight, executes and supports capital stress testing initiatives and project plan using complex financial models. In addition, supports corporate development activities including target evaluation, financial modeling and due diligence process. Quarterly produces various peer analysis reports for executive management. Specific responsibilities will include financial modeling, peer analysis, documentation of policies and procedures, SNL reports, and preparation of presentations to executive management.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or related field.
- 1-4 years of financial services experience.
- Overall understanding of finance and accounting principles.
- Financial modeling, analytical, and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and presentation skills, desired.
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office, required; Excel modeling experience strongly preferred.