Electrical Engineer at MTD Products Inc
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Valley City, Ohio
MTD Products Inc. is a global leader in outdoor power equipment with manufacturing facilities, offices and distribution around the world. Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD’s engineering expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are known for innovation and award-winning mowers, snow throwers, trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and hand tools for both residential and professional lawn and landscape markets. MTD’s current family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt® and Remington®, as well as Robomow®, Yard Machines®, Rover®, Wolf Garten®, and Bolens®.
The MTD Products is looking for an Electrical Engineer to design and validate new battery powered outdoor power equipment. As a member of the product engineering team the ideal candidate will apply core engineering principles to the design challenges of creating safe, reliable, and efficient outdoor power equipment. MTD will consider well qualified entry level candidates as well as experienced engineers.
Valley City, OH
- Design and test prototype battery powered outdoor power equipment and peripheral components
- Working with key stakeholders, develop product specifications and design criteria to ensure all customer requirements are satisfied
- Modify product designs and work with vendors to reduce cost, improve reliability, and streamline manufacturing processes, prepare manufacturing and BOM documentation, provide plant support for production as needed
- Coordinate the manufacturing and testing of prototype systems
- Adhere to development processes and procedures
Preferred Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience with electronics including batteries, battery management systems, motors, motor drive, sensors and embedded controls
- Experience with electronic circuit design and PCBA design software (preferably Altium), including schematic capture, simulation and board layout
- Experience with embedded board start-up, including C programming to validate hardware functions
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with soldering and troubleshooting electronics using oscilloscopes and other lab test equipment
- Ability to author and conduct design validation and verification testing
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- A burning desire to develop next generation battery powered outdoor power products
Office / Electronics Lab
Must enjoy being outdoors and engaging with the product
Ability to operate walk-behind and ride-on outdoor power equipment; lift up to 50 pounds as needed (infrequently)
Approximately 10% travel, primarily domestic
The Autonomous Lawn and Garden Division at MTD Products develops products that utilize advanced technology to achieve superior consistency in outdoor grounds conditioning, improve labor productivity, reduce overall operating costs, and minimize environmental impact. By leveraging patented core technologies, the division is on track to achieve their long-term vision of "automation for the outdoors," enabling the development of a wide-range of robots for use in a variety of outdoor environments, including golf courses, sports fields, residential homes, corporations and public spaces.
MTD seeks to passionately create, build and deliver great products and services that consumers all over the world enjoy using to improve and beautify lawns and gardens. To learn more, please visit www.mtdproducts.com .
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
See Job Description