System Administrator / NOC at Thales Avionics
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for a System Administrator / NOC to join the Thales Avionics, a subsidiary of Thales USA team in Orlando, FL.
The System Administrator / NOC is responsible for maintaining user and system uptime on Thales InFlyt Experience’s Ground System that is the source for all In-Flight Entertainment on 100’s of commercial airlines throughout the world. The NOC Engineer II will be responsible for improving system experiences through remote monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service.
• Windows Server Monitoring, Maintenance and Support, and Web-based Application Monitoring
• Identifying, documenting and troubleshooting network, systems, applications and cloud issues to resolution
• Generating and maintaining technical documentation to support the development and/or improvement of Operational and Monitoring procedures and platform application/system testing.
• Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, networking equipment, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system, error and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs and tasks.
• Production and Test environments platform monitoring for alarms and performance issues on systems, applications, database and network connectivity.
• Performs Enterprise back-up and restorations
• Resolves application, database and operating system related monitoring events
• Work effectively with internal/external technical resources and customer-facing organizations to resolve incidents quickly and efficiently
• Participates in On-Call rotation duty
Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or similar technical field; or 3 years of equivalent directly related experience
• Five (5) Years’ Experience of Windows Server Monitoring and Administration in an Enterprise Environment
• Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Windows 8/7/XP
• Five (5) Years’ Experience of Web-based Application Support, Monitoring and Administration in an Enterprise Environment
• Five (5) Years’ Experience in monitoring a 24X7 environment
• Five (5) Years’ Experience in systems monitoring and long term trending of SLA, performance and sizing metrics
• Three (3) Years’ Experience in Monitoring and Administration of SQL & MySQL databases
• Linux Operating Systems Experience
• Experience in Storage Area Network Monitoring
• Experience Monitoring Network Infrastructures
• Experience monitoring and maintaining Cisco Routers and Switchers
• Experience developing, documenting and maintaining installation and configuration procedures
• Must be available to work 24x7 rotating shifts including day, swing, nights, weekends and holidays
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.