Embedded Software Engineer at MTD Products Inc
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Valley City, Ohio
MTD Products Inc. is a global leader in outdoor power equipment with manufacturing facilities, offices and distribution around the world. Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD’s engineering expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are known for innovation and award-winning mowers, snow throwers, trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and hand tools for both residential and professional lawn and landscape markets. MTD’s current family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt® and Remington®, as well as Robomow®, Yard Machines®, Rover®, Wolf Garten®, and Bolens®.
The MTD Products is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to design and develop microcontroller software for battery powered outdoor power equipment control. As part of the development team, this position utilizes data analysis, simulation, software module test, field tests and best software development practices to create robust software for production. The ideal candidate will apply core engineering principles to the design challenges of building reliable and efficient software for battery powered outdoor power equipment.
Valley City, OH
- Program real-time, embedded electronic devices using primarily C/C++
- Have a strong understanding of electronic circuits
- Proven ability to use debugging tools such as logic analyzers, multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Ability to write software based on electronic device data sheets
- Work with key stakeholders, develop product specifications and design criteria, ensure all customer requirements are satisfied
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of engineers in the development of the software and electrical systems
- Adhere to development processes and procedures. Generate engineering requirements and design documents; author and execute test plans/processes for software verification and validation; document and present results
The candidate must have:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years’ experience of programing experience in C/C++
- Strong skills in modular design and coding
- Understanding of software lifecycle, coding standards, and software version control such as SVN and GIT
- Development in an embedded software development environment, such as Microchip MPLAB-X compiler tool chain, and debug tools
- Experience in embedded systems and microcontrollers (Freescale, Microchip, TI), DSPs, and FPGAs, including serial communications (SPI, I2C, CAN, RS232) and digital signal processing
- Candidate must be pro-active and detailed oriented with solid oral and written communication skills
- A burning desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic team to develop next generation battery powered outdoor power products
The ideal candidate will have experience with a subset of the following:
- Excellent time and project management skills including task estimation
- Graduate degree or equivalent work experience in embedded systems
- Distributed and real time operating systems
- Embedded IoT hardware development experience such as Cellular, Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi for consumer/professional end product connectivity
- Experience in scripting languages, Python/Bash, for automated data collection, processing and analysis
- Design of experiments for evaluation and optimization of proposed design
- Conduct root cause analysis or FMEA
- Agile software development
- Test-driven development process
Office / Electronics Lab
Must enjoy being outdoors and engaging with the product
Ability to work outdoors on occasion and lift 35 to 40 pounds as needed
Travel: The position requires some travel (10-15%), primarily domestically with some international travel.
The Autonomous Lawn and Garden Division at MTD Products develops products that utilize advanced technology to achieve superior consistency in outdoor grounds conditioning, improve labor productivity, reduce overall operating costs, and minimize environmental impact. By leveraging patented core technologies, the division is on track to achieve their long-term vision of "automation for the outdoors", enabling the development of a wide-range of robots for use in a variety of outdoor environments, including golf courses, sports fields, residential homes, corporations and public spaces. Read more at cubcadetgolf.com.
MTD seeks to passionately create, build and deliver great products and services that consumers all over the world enjoy using to improve and beautify lawns and gardens. To learn more, please visit www.mtdproducts.com .
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
See Job Description