Director of Quality at DRS Technologies
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Leonardo DRS Overview
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Bridgeport & Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location Fitchburg, MA
The Fitchburg site Director of Quality will provide leadership to the local quality function (quality systems, quality assurance, and continuous improvement).
Duties and Responsibilities
With responsibility for a current staff of direct quality management professionals, quality engineers, quality technicians and quality inspectors, the selected individual will be held accountable for promoting a culture of innovation within the Quality organization, championing the deployment of superior processes in lieu of traditional inspection activities and ensuring the delivery of continuously improving value and compliance to customers and the location. In addition, this individual will define and track performance metrics, direct all quality systems/operations and manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives.
Successful candidates will possess a strong background in quality systems and continuous improvement skills with a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience. Specifically, qualified candidates will have defense industry experience (either as a prime or subcontractor) leading ISO 9001 and/or Navy & Commercial Nuclear Quality systems. Individuals who have Navy Nuclear experience, shipyard experience (production, test, evaluation and quality) and Naval Quality Experience (civilian or military) are preferred. US Citizenship is required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record in driving root cause analysis of complex problems and corrective action implementation
- Proven ability to form, develop and lead high performance subordinate teams—this assumes the ability to effectively align people, purpose and process
- Demonstrated success in meeting/exceeding customer quality metrics
- Ability to think strategically while energizing & aligning people to achieve his/her vision for DRS-CC&PS quality—this includes the ability to effectively partner with internal functional leaders (e.g., operations, program management, finance, etc.) toward the achievement of common goals
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to employees, top management, and customer management, including high stakes, high visibility situations
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers, executive management, and employees to achieve outstanding results
- An Engineering or Business degree (Masters highly preferred) with certification in ASQ and Six Sigma Black Belt is a distinct advantage
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet #NPS