Sr Director, Tax at Hologic
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Hologic, Inc. is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood and to aid in biomedical research. Hologic is also a leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of medical imaging systems and biopsy devices as well as surgical and treatment products, with an emphasis on serving the healthcare needs of women. Our business is dedicated to impacting the lives of people across the globe through the early detection of disease, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatments. There’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Bright people, working together to pioneer advances in human health care, have created Hologic's success. Our company believes that people are our greatest asset and only by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining the most talented employees can we continue to be successful. Our work atmosphere is stimulating, innovative and customer focused. We provide employees with state-of-the art tools and technology, a collaborative and passionate work environment and the ability to make a dramatic difference in the world of healthcare. We are headquartered in Massachusetts and have centers of operation across North America, Europe, Central America, Australia and Asia. We have the strength and resources of a billion dollar company and the vision of leaders committed to a broad spectrum of health issues. We are rapidly growing and yet we have never been more focused – on our people, on our growth, on our future.
This position reports to the VP of Tax and is responsible for the Company’s domestic tax compliance, audits and planning. The position ensures accuracy of tax returns and works to minimize the company’s tax obligations. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in the organization in carrying out these responsibilities.
- Lead a professional staff of four
- Ensure compliance with federal and state/local income tax laws, including filing of all income tax returns and related analysis/support
- Assess, develop and implement federal and state tax planning initiatives to strategically position the company, including opportunities to reduce its effective rate and cash tax obligations
- Support the company on M&A activity, including due diligence, structuring and integration.
- Monitor tax laws and implement strategies to minimize US and state/local taxes
- Manage sales/use tax, property tax and medical device excise tax functions, including compliance and controversy
- Manage federal and state/local income tax audits and controversy.
- Assist with quarterly/annual ASC740 tax reporting
- Forge effective relationships with business partners throughout the Company and serve as a key resource to resolve tax issues arising from business operations
- Implement cash tax optimization strategies, forecast annual cash taxes for Treasury/Accounting planning
- Research and analyze state tax issues, monitor legislation
- Train, develop, and mentor team
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting/Finance. Master’s Degree in Taxation preferred.
- CPA and/or JD preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, with at least 10 years of related tax experience including multi-national, multi-state experience
- Experience handling federal and state controversies
- Familiarity with various software systems and capabilities preferred (e.g., OneSource, Vertex, Access, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and effectively manage through complex issues and relationships
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & VEVRAA Federal Contractor