Business Development Operations and Proposal Coordinator at DRS Technologies
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
Naval Power Systems (NPS)
Leonardo DRS NPS is a leading supplier of Navy, Power, Control, Propulsion and HVAC equipment. NPS has facilities in Milwaukee, WI; Danbury, CT; Fitchburg, MA; and High Ridge, MO. Products include ship electric propulsion equipment, power electronics equipment, high-performance networks, shipboard control equipment and control panels, tactical displays and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The Division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help people every day on the ground, sea and in the air.
We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
Milwaukee, WI or Fitchburg, MA
This position reports directly to the Director of Business Development Operations and is responsible for organizing NPS BD operations and managing timely, high-quality, winning proposals for three business locations. BD activity is driven by approximately ten BD professionals and overall organized by an executive assistant. Experience in organizing budget and planning activities (e.g. trade shows and strategic planning), and leading/supporting multiple ongoing projects (e.g. proposal efforts) is required. Must be able to take high-level instruction on assignments and complete tasks on time and accurately. Must be able to develop proposal documentation, including cover letters and internal presentations, proposal sections, for review with the proposal teams. Must have exceptional organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and communicate the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Lead / support planning and communication of upcoming proposal efforts
- Scheduling key proposal meetings and coordination of those meetings with other functional departments
- Maintain key proposal status documentation including capture status, active proposal status, and proposals pending award
- Prepare various routine and specialized reports and presentations as assigned, using some judgment for format layout request/follow-up for required input. Ensures that reports are distributed to all required individuals
- Create graphs and charts for various projects using spreadsheet and graphics software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and MS Project
- Create / modify PowerPoint presentations for internal and external customers with direction
- Update / present training to proposal teams on the proper process for developing winning proposals
- Assure quality of external communications and coordinate marketing and/or MARCOM activities
- Lead / support proposal development efforts as a technical writer by coordinating proposal volume writing with various functional areas to ensure grammar / spelling accuracy, font and format integration, and editing for a “single voice” reading experience
- Modify and develop tools to reduce cost / improve quality of proposal efforts
- Responsible for initial development of proposal cover letters, with input from BD / PMO, for review with proposal team
- Establish and maintain filing systems for various proposal files and records
- Creates meeting agenda, takes minutes, and distributes information as appropriate to include posting meeting minutes to SharePoint in a timely manner
- Recommend and implement improvements to the current templates and processes to reduce proposal efforts / increase quality of the proposals
- Modify and create templates in Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Monitor and report B&P and IRAD spending from financial department input
- Additional duties as they present themselves to meet requirements of current job description or position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years’ experience various office management, budgeting and staff work
- Demonstrated proficiency of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, both electronically and physically
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player, able to work with a variety of people and departments
- Ability to handle a relatively broad set of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- U.S. Citizenship required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- College degree preferred
- Specific proposal experience is preferred
- Microsoft SharePoint experience
- Expert PowerPoint and Excel a plus
- Graphic art software experience (Adobe Photoshop or equivalent)
- Proposal / project management support background.
- Experience with Capture and Proposal Processes (e.g. Shipley & Associates) a significant plus
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Industrial environment a plus
- Knowledge of the U.S. Navy a significant plus
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
- Lifting and bending as required to file proposal documentation
Leonardo DRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet #NPS