Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Summary: Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs all faxing, processing and filing of prepared purchase orders.
• Prepares daily In Transit report, based on incoming carrier trace reports and computer posting of trailer numbers.
• Provides timely forwarding of tally sheets for incoming deliveries to warehouse staff.
• Retrieves, sorts and distributes daily mail and reports.
• Collects, organizes and forwards daily receiving reports.
• Maintains costing file on intrastate freight bills and prepares miscellaneous freight bills for processing and approval.
• Performs routine computer maintenance, maintenance of supplier files, preparation of correspondence, and other miscellaneous clerical duties as needed.
*Analyzes depletions and forecasts to create & transmit daily purchase orders by utilizing the Buyer’s Desktop calendar.
*Works closely with the marketing manager to assure the most accurate DOH (Days on hand) by reviewing acquisition time, transit time and appropriate safety time.
*Alerts marketing of any item that is overstocked or has slowed significantly so a new deal may be created.
*Reviews and maintains the SORF (Special order request forms) system archiving received orders.
*Works with the freight companies and the customs brokers to assure timely deliveries.
*Reviews and calculates weekly transfers between branches.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; one or more years related experience, preferably previous accounting or purchasing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Not Applicable
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and as such, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status where otherwise qualified. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
See Job Description