Administrative Assistant at Bergstrom Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Bergstrom Toyota, Exit 116, Oshkosh, WI
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: General Manager
Provides administrative support to managers. Compiles and maintains records of the business transactions and office activities of the dealership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and upholds the 11 Bergstrom Guest Service Basics and Bergstrom Standards.
- Performs clerical duties for the dealership business office.
- Performs dealer trade paperwork for dealership.
Answers incoming phone calls in a prompt, polite, professional manner.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence, and prepares outgoing mail.
- Handles any necessary errands to include: Post Office, bank, DMV.
- Handles customer complaints or refers to appropriate dealership team member as necessary for resolution.
- Provides word processing support for the dealership. Maintains word processing files for the manager in a secure and confidential manner.
- Files accounting work, correspondence, and other records.
- Pre-stock and purchase all new vehicle jackets, key tags, window stickers, etc.
- Provides backup support for any accounting or service clerical position on an as-needed basis.
- Prepares and sends out receipts, bills, policies, invoices, statements, and checks.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence.
- Records orders for merchandise or service.
- Orders/purchases supplies.
- Schedules appointments when necessary.
- Arranges manager’s travel schedule and makes appropriate reservations.
- Records minutes of team member meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed matter.
- Maintains office equipment (i.e., copiers, printers, fax machines, etc.). Trains dealership personnel in its use and troubleshoots problems.
- Assists in dealership computer training as directed by the manager.
Handles special clerical projects as instructed by the manager.
- Maintains knowledge of basic dealership information to act as a resource for incoming callers requesting such information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Keyboard skills (30-40 wpm, preferable).
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to utilize calculator and other office machines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Above average math, reading, writing, and reasoning skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with guests and team members.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment filled with distractions and interruptions.