Observation Unit Registered Nurse (Full-Time), 7P-7A at Nemours
Posted in Education 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Registered Nurse (Observation Unit) FULL-TIME, 7P-7A, varied nights of the week and weekends to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,250 Annually
$3,000 Employee Referral Bonus
“Bridge to a Healthy Future” plan (This unique Nemours program provides medical and prescription coverage for the dependents of full-time Associates (also same-sex domestic partners) In-network co-pays and co-insurance are very affordable. In-network well child care is covered at 100%. Eligible children are covered until the end of their 26th year
Check out why our nurses love to work at Nemours!!
Pediatric Transport https://youtu.be/34K0eJnxNIM
OR Nurses https://youtu.be/60b_RIAopig
Acute Care https://youtu.be/cZ-5EgynFy4
- Providing nursing care in our NEW Observation Unit area in partnership with the child and family that is individualized to meet the child or family’s unique needs and situation.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing plan considering the patient and family’s individual, cultural, ethnic, and religious values and beliefs.
- Deliver care based on family centered care principles in collaboration with other medical professionals.
- Evaluate nursing care on an ongoing basis and revising the plan of care as appropriate.
- Accountable and responsible for the coordination and management of patients in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Utilize the nursing process as a basis for providing and evaluating nursing care applying knowledge of growth and development, pathophysiology, spiritual and cultural needs and family dynamics in delivery of nursing and inter-professional care.
- Deliver care in a non-judgmental and nondiscriminatory manner that is sensitive to and values diversity.
- Provide patient education for diagnostic procedures, medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Oversee patient flow, providing clinical direction to other team members.
- Participate in and support research studies, evidence-based practice projects, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing/medical interventions and address/make appropriate changes as needed.
- Engage in advocacy activities and ethical decision making in partnership with parents and families.
- Demonstrates quality by documenting the application of the nursing process and evidence based practice in a responsible, accountable, and ethical manner.
- Maintain patient/family confidentiality and privacy within legal and regulatory parameters.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing practice & maintain evidence of competence and lifelong learning.
- Contribute to a culture of safety by adhering to policy and procedures that demonstrate evidence-based nursing practice.
- Provide oversight for nursing care provided by others while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to the patient
- Engage in self and peer evaluation according to standards for the nursing profession, pediatric nursing, and associated regulatory agencies, taking action to improve practice.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing care that is safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Adhere to the Nemours Standards of Behavior. For example, appearance exemplifies the professional image by meeting all standards of dress code such as wearing easily visible identification badge.
- ASN required; Bachelor’s or graduate degree in nursing preferred (to be completed within 3 years of hire).
- Current Florida Nursing license required
- Minimum of one year of RN experience required, experience in pediatric specialty area, preferred
- Obtain within one year of eligibility and maintain certification in area of clinical specialty preferred
Following certification must be obtained prior to employment start date
- Valid American Heart Association BLS Certification; must be valid for 90 days post start date.
- PALS certification
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.