Palliative Medicine Physician (Mankato) at Mayo Foundation
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mankato, Minnesota
Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to partner with the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you - including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists - to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
- Consult with the patient and their loved ones to help delineate their goals of care.
- Coordinate with referring physician, the acute care team, and other involved providers to contribute to the patient's plan of care.
- Assist in the development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of quality palliative medicine.
- Promotes collaborative relationships between medicine, nursing, and other healthcare professionals to ensure whole person care.
- Discuss advanced care planning with patients and families.
- Optimize symptom control (pain, nausea, dyspnea, etc).
- Help promote the highest quality of life.
- Educate patients and family to promote understanding of underlying disease process and expected future course of the illness.
- Assist actively dying patient and their families in preparing for life closure
- Educate and mentor staff/students/medical residents.
- Promote a system of care that fosters timely access to palliative medicine services
License or certification
Board Eligible or Board Certified (BE/BC) in Palliative Medicine
Mankato is one of the largest cities in southern MN and has earned several livability awards. Mankato's economic growth leads Minnesota and is among the top in the nation. The city has a contiguous population area of 96,740 and 1.6 million people live within 60 miles of Mankato. Greater Mankato is centrally located in south central Minnesota, nestled in the scenic beauty of the Minnesota River Valley, with convenient access to Minneapolis-St. Paul just one hour away.
Physicians & Scientists
All Physicians Specialties
Hospice & Palliative
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).