Product Manager - Data at Inside Track
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
We’re adding a star Product Manager, focused on data integrations, to our team! InsideTrack is passionate about student success. Since 2001, we have been dedicated to partnering with colleges and universities to create adaptive coaching solutions that generate measurable results. These solutions combine professional coaching, technology and data analytics to increase enrollment, completion, and career readiness. Our adaptive coaching methodology is based on the latest behavioral science research and knowledge gained from working with more than 1.5 million students and 1,600 programs. In combination with our uCoach® Platform, our approach optimizes student engagement and generates valuable insights on the student experience through predictive modeling, behavioral analysis and multichannel communication. As a proud member of the nonprofit Strada Education Network, we’re excited to move to the next level, and want your help to get us there.
Join us and the leading institutions, foundations and others working to bring the transformative power of education to all individuals.
The Job: As an expert in data and analytics, the Data Product Manager will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology and data to enhance and measure the performance of InsideTrack’s uCoach technology, digital apps, and coaching services. The incumbent will be responsible for researching and understanding internal and external customer data needs, and identifying features that support the goals of our coaching services and appeal to third-party purchasers of InsideTrack services and technical products. The incumbent will wear multiple hats, including product manager, project manager and business analyst for data products and solutions, and bridge the gap between business and engineering, functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
- Work with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Technical Consultants and Analysts to understand their gaps with existing tools, processes and services in data ingestion and maintenance, and develop product solutions to eliminate the gaps.
- Interact with customers to understand how data and analytics can be used to increase workflow efficiencies and enhance management tools for InsideTrack’s coaching platform
- Partner with multiple departments to design, develop, and launch new features
- Conduct user research to understand key dynamics of coaching services and client needs
- Translate stakeholder input into non-ambiguous user and business needs.
- Develop clear and concise product requirement documentation for product design, analytics and engineering teams; maintain documentation across versions
- Partner with Engineering, Analytics and UX teams to define feature requirements, work through edge cases and iterate as needed.
- Contribute to the development of short and long-term product roadmaps, parsing larger product development into smaller components while understanding dependencies
- Support stakeholder success efforts by working with sales, marketing, and training teams, as necessary, to highlight the platform’s data and analytics functionality, and provide related artifacts or self-service tools
- Provide post-launch reporting to gauge the impact of new features and functionality
- Help develop and improve processes for collecting and incorporating feedback from users, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Take ownership over success of the product by analyzing what works and what needs to be optimized through further iterations to continually improve user adoption
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields
- Five years of applicable work experience, taking SaaS products from concepts through launch
- Previous experience in technical project management, product management or business analytics
- Well-versed in agile development and familiarity with project management tools (Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, etc)
- Basic SQL querying ability and comfort with Google Sheets
- Experience with mobile and web analytics
- Deep understanding of best practices for visual display of quantitative data
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Periscope, etc)
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment, such as Redshift, and familiarity with ETL best practices
- Ability to take ownership of processes and procedures, while delivering on time
- Exceptional attention to detail; able to manage multiple, concurrent projects involving a number of different stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to read and interpret complex information, talk with customers and listen attentively
- Ability to respond well under pressure
- Knowledge of principles and practices in college student services preferred
- Fully flexible and remote work environment. Work where you're most productive and happiest
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage
- Matching 401(k)
- Up to 26 days PTO in first year, up to 31 in subsequent years
- Paid sick time
- Your work makes a difference in people's lives, every day
Please apply on our website with your resume. InsideTrack is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. Diversity isn’t just a box to check, it’s a cornerstone for building outstanding teams, and we encourage all to apply.