Administrative Assistant at Stevens Institute of Technology
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Provide a full range of administrative support to students, faculty, and staff in an high-volume, student-centric environment
- Support faculty and staff of the department in HR matters, including Workday, Payroll, Appointment and Adjunct letters, maintain Faculty personnel files)
- Support faculty and staff of the department in travel and purchasing requests, including Concur, travel arrangements for faculty and guest speakers, student travel requests using TABER forms, reconciling PCard statements for Department Chair, and purchasing requests through Kuali
- Liaison with accounts payable and payroll offices and support faculty with any School related activities
- Support students in the Department: assistantship letters, timecards, and Senior Design activities such as ordering and reconciliation of expenses.
- Oversee the order of textbooks and desk copies for all courses offered by the ME Department
- Work closely with University administrative staff (e.g., physical plant, catering) to facilitate all elements of departmental operations, including classrooms and labs
- Provide full support (e.g., scheduling, coordinating food logistics, etc.) for meetings and events of the department, including External Advisory Board meeting, Holiday Party, Freshmen Orientation, Department meetings, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Position requires a college degree or equivalent administrative professional experience
- Demonstrated success in handling varied, multiple and competing priorities in a high volume office with a pleasant and cheerful demeanor focusing on student-centricity
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to take initiative, self-motivate and function autonomously
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, and data gathering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and ability to focus attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word processing (Word), Power Point, Excel, Access, and familiarity with scheduling software.
- Capacity to communicate effectively within a strong customer service framework to all department stakeholders, including students, faculty, and staff
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police