Technical Publications Writer at Terex
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Technical Publications Writer
Location US-OK-Oklahoma City
Posted Date 6 days ago (1/4/2018 10:40 AM)
Job ID 2017-35741 # Positions 1 Category Engineering Posting Location Oklahoma City - OK - USA
Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation .
Oklahoma City is a unique site to Terex Corporation in North America, manufacturing for each of the business segments: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, Terex Cranes, and Terex Materials Processing. Its workforce of 500+ team members is anticipated to grow by more than 1,000 over the next few years. The 100+ acre facility has recently completed an extensive remodel to accommodate the business' growth.
- Supervise Technical Publications for all Terex-Cranes needs related to generation of manuals.
- Structure output of technical data and schedule projects with the current Terex engineering team members to correspond with current product updating and new product development.
- Management, train and supervision offshore personnel for generation of Parts Manuals which includes adherence to schedules, quality checks, providing technical data, solutions to problems and transfer of bill of material data.
- Create ECO's and ECR's to implement new updates or changes to existing manuals in production.
- Duties will require working with publishing house to supply Terex-Oklahoma City with manual packages for each specific crane product.
- Maintain and generate spreadsheets related to scheduling and tracking of publication projects.
- Investigates and provides solutions for highly complex problems related to crane operation and service data within manuals.
- Structure and maintain data base of manuals within the Terex global server.
- Minimum of a 2 year Associates Degree
- Minimum of a 2 year Associates Degree in Engineering Design or Industrial Technology preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- High level of vehicle systems experience (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, controls, etc.).
- Proven background in the safety aspects related to equipment operation.
- Proven experience in the design and manufacturing of heavy equipment or related industry.
- Strong orientation towards quality and continuous improvement.
Manual (booklet) layout, design and publication using the following software packages :
- 3D CAD experience required. UG NX Design software with Teamcenter desired
- Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Framemaker required
- CMS experience preferred
- TMS/Oracle-Terex Management System or similar required
Apply for this job Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Your application choices are:
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
To search for more jobs, go to http://jobs.terex.com