Accountant at Ithaka Harbors, Inc
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Make a Lasting Impact
New York, NY
At ITHAKA, we think nothing is better than knowing we are having a positive impact on the world. We impact the lives of millions of people and thousands of institutions every day both in groundbreaking ways and in small ways that mean a lot.
The Accountant is a key member of the Financial Services group reporting to the Assistant Controller. The Accountant role is focused primarily on assisting senior staff during the month-end closing process and transactional reconciliations between the fulfillment and general ledger systems. In addition, this individual will work independently and collectively with other members of the Financial Services group to ensure the timely completion of day-to-day, monthly, and quarterly accounting; financial and grant reporting activities; and management of publisher royalty payments related to our online product offerings.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Work closely with accounting staff on monthly closing items including but not limited to bank reconciliation, inter-company billings, interest income, etc.
- Reconcile transactional data between fulfillment/billing systems and general ledger
- Assist Senior Accountant in processing publisher related payments
- Assist in budget variance analyses for all departments
- Up to 10% travel between ITHAKA offices
Challenges You’ll Overcome
You will work in a fast-paced environment where you will have to balance work between projects with competing deadlines. You need to be able to work well as a team member, but also as a self-starter.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of related work experience in fast-paced environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills including excellent telephone and conversation manner, e-mail writing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work assignments and perform well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics accounting system, a plus.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place. Individuals will be rewarded with excellent career development and a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed retirement and much, much more
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements to:
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description