Organizational Health and Culture Advisor Lead at USAA
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Organizational Health & Culture Advisor Lead for our San Antonio, TX facility.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Organizational Health and Culture Advisor Lead to join the USAA Culture Team. This team will be accountable for the design, implementation and ongoing oversight of USAA's Culture strategy, plans, programs and measurement.
Leads the definition and execution of initiatives to support a thriving, healthy organizational culture and strong employee engagement across the enterprise. This position is responsible for diagnosing, designing, and recommending organizational health and strategic organizational culture tactics and solutions that align with and enable USAA goals and strategies. The Lead Organizational Health & Culture Advisor will work alongside senior leadership, HR Business Partners, HR Communities of Expertise (COEs), enterprise control partners and other enterprise functions to coach and advise on complex issues. Supports enterprise organizational health efforts by leading the definition of requirements, design of content, and facilitation of business specific needs that will provide improved bottom-line business results, based on specific culture-shaping concepts, tools, and language strategically imbedded in the organizational system. Proactively leads implementation of strategic and tactical solutions that influence changes in culture and work environment, to include overall organizational health and employee engagement. Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of business solutions. Works under minimal supervision. Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution across multiple systems, functions, processes, or channels.
- Consults with senior leadership, HR Business Partner's, as well as other key enterprise partners, to diagnose organizational health and culture related business issues occurring in the organizational system.
- Consults with senior leadership, HR Business Partners, enterprise control partners, and key business stakeholders to frame complex, and often unique organizational health related problems by diagnosing performance gaps related to organizational culture.
- Consults with senior leadership, HR Business Partners, enterprise control partners, and COEs to define, develop and adopt organizational health and culture strategies, core practices, and tools. Devises and implements plans to build stronger organizational health and culture capabilities across USAA that are strategically imbedded in the organizational system for long term sustainment.
- Coaches and mentors enterprise leaders on organizational culture and behavior shaping discipline and tools. Based on diagnostic findings, will develop holistic recommendations.
- Partners with senior leaders, HRBPs and HR COEs, specifically including the Organizational Effectiveness COE, to gain support and alignment on the design and execution of holistic performance improvement solutions.
- Assists in defining measures of success and assists in effectively monitoring effectiveness of solutions.
- Maintains current knowledge of advances in organizational health, organizational culture trends, as well as behavior shaping methodologies and applies leading-edge methods and practices, in partnership with enterprise Organizational Effectiveness COE, to improve enterprise organizational effectiveness capabilities. Researches and shares internal and external best practices.
- Partners with Leadership Development to ensure linkages with other management development initiatives and Human Resources peer partners to determine appropriate strategies for individual CoSA's.
- Serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature and provides informal mentorship to more junior advisors on the team. Serves as a team lead and may be a proxy for middle-management leadership.
- Contributes to the development of USAA's organizational health, culture and engagement strategies.
- Partners with the Organizational Effectiveness COE and Workforce Intelligence Analytics team to determine executive level strategic insights from survey and employee feedback channels. Monitors programs through quantitative and qualitative data. Analyzes data and identifies trends and organizational gaps to support changes to program for process improvement
- Proactively advises senior management on opportunities, issues and trends. Prioritizes organizational culture related requests and opportunities and has authority on overall organizational health and culture engagement decisions.
- Participates as a SME project resource on large organizational initiatives.
- Manages third party vendor relationship(s). Manages program budgets and resources, schedules, and vendor compliance to contract specifications.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of directly related work experience in Human Resources in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of experience required.
- 8+ years of organizational health, culture and behavior shaping or change management experience
- 8+ years experience using industry-standard consulting methodologies to diagnose organizational issues with internal clients and implement creative, value added solutions
- Deep understanding of and practical experience in principles, methods and tools in the following disciplines: change leadership, cultural integration, employee engagement, employee retention, and high performance teams
- Ability to develop strategies and translate strategy into specific goals, action plans and deliverables.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing Culture strategies and plans to positively impact business results.
- Experience monitoring and measuring organizational culture.
- Experience Interpreting data-driven insights, diagnosing root issues and developing impactful plans to reinforce cultural strengths and address gaps.
- Ability to influence leadership at all levels to drive action to enhance organizational culture.
- Experience collaborating with internal control partners to driven cultural improvement.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/16/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.