Digital Strategist, UEG at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
UEG is an award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing. We create breakthrough marketing by leveraging the people, places and platforms that shape pop culture. Our suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-sports partnerships, communications, branded content and experiential.
The team at UEG is a dynamic group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across entertainment, sports and lifestyle, paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications. This is a work hard, play hard environment where a true passion for culture are married with the desire to create business changing work for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Strategist to lead efforts across a few integrated accounts with experience working on large-scale production (video/photo/fabrication/etc), high-profile influencer campaigns, social content strategy and development, and experiential programming.
The ideal candidate will exhibit superior client facing skills and digital strategy expertise, and have an unflappable affect and positive demeanor in high-pressure situations.
- Oversee and manage complex digital and social media programs and productions, from planning to development to execution to evaluation
- Serve as day-to-day client contact at times, using excellent communication and organizational skills
- Counsel clients on strategic business opportunities, providing strong recommendations on project and partnership priorities
- Lead and collaborate with a team of specialists across production, creative, analytics, influencer, planning and experiential disciplines
- Manage internal and external communication and expectations to ensure that work is delivered on time, on budget, and is always of excellent quality
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client business strategy, products, competitors and industry standards
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a constant eye towards up-leveling work quality and seeking incremental business opportunities
- Display strong presentation skills internally and with clients of all levels
- Supervise staff by motivating, mentoring, prioritizing appropriate skill development, consistently providing feedback, holding team members accountable, and conducting their formal reviews
- Exhibit strong understanding of digital and social media platforms, trends, and measurement approaches
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals;
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with UEG’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The Digital Strategist must have at least 5 years of relevant experience in digital marketing, and/or related fields including content, advertising, and consulting.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- Proven ability to manage large projects—often two or more simultaneously—under extremely tight timelines
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects where client expectations and deliverables may be unclear and/or change at a moment’s notice
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and stay calm, positive, and productive in high-pressure situations
- A deep understanding of the role that social and digital media plays in client’s communication mix, and working back from that to develop programs that meet business needs
- Experience leading accounts focused on content strategy and content production, with an emphasis on social media channels
- Someone who has a concrete history of taking visible action to provide high-quality, strategic creative outcomes and customer service to clients
- Expertise in digital media influencer engagement across platforms
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of great leadership and coaching abilities
- Sound business acumen; ability to think and negotiate strategically
Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead and develop a great team of passionate digital marketers
- Consumer technology experience a plus