Clinical Pharmacist - Oncology at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Come work for the #1 hospital in Wisconsin as a Clinical Pharmacist!
We are seeking an Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist in Pharmacy Oncology to:
- Provide clinical medication therapy management services as part of the interdisciplinary team to patients on the adult oncology, hematology, bone marrow transplant, and palliative care inpatient services.
- Serve as the oncology team preceptor for pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and interns.
- Participate in the teaching of oncologist physician fellows.
- Contribute to scholarly activity and quality improvement projects to improve the pharmaceutical care provided to patients served by the oncology service line.
Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or a PharmD degree
Preferred - Completion of an ASHP Accredited Residency training program
Minimum - One year of clinical patient care and orders management experience
Preferred - Three years of institutional experience (hospital or integrated health system) or completion of an ASHP accredited residency training program
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Wisconsin
Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties in Oncology Pharmacy (BCOP)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to learn computer and application skills as applicable to role
- Ability to interact with and work around people
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to logically organize details
- Comfortable accepting responsibility for medium to large scale projects involving multiple resources and spanning many months from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Shifts will be scheduled Monday - Friday between the hours of 6:30 am - 11:00 pm with rotating weekends and holidays. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.