Senior IT Auditor at Prudential
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
The mission of the Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance services designed to add value to the Company by supporting the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in fulfilling its oversight role. The Audit Department helps the Company accomplish its objectives by applying a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes and promoting a strong control environment. The Department analyzes the development, sale, marketing and operational administration of insurance and investment products, the preparation of financial statements and disclosures, as well as reviews compliance with complex legal and regulatory requirements.
An opportunity is currently available for an experienced Information Technology professional within our Internal Audit Department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, highly diversified financial environment to assess risk, and plan and execute audits of Prudential's information technology infrastructure environment and Prudential’s cybersecurity program. The Senior IT Auditor position participates in all aspects of the audit including the planning, control analysis, testing, issue development and reporting phases. This individual will be expected to engage in dialogue with business/IT unit management and various control partners to identify and assess risks and controls.
The ideal candidate should have 3- 6 years of information technology related experience; audit experience is a plus. A Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in business, information systems or computer science, is required. Candidate should have the ability to converse with management in order to participate in risk assessments, scope definition, and the development of the most effective audit approach.
- Experience working with Distributed Environments (Windows, UNIX), Mainframe Applications, Relational Database Management Systems (mainframe and distributed), Web Applications, Network Administration (Firewalls, Routers/Switches), and Information Security.
- Network engineering, UNIX Security, incident response processes, SIEM platforms, firewall administration, Windows Active Directory, and DBMS, experience, as well as familiarity with tools such as Fireeye, Carbon Black, Qualys, Guardium, Bluecoat, Vontu, and Trustwave, is a plus.
- Knowledge of risks associated with cybersecurity, logical security, general and application controls, and systems development methodology.
- Understanding of the COSO framework, risk assessment, control analysis and audit methodology, is a plus.
- Strong data analysis and experience leveraging audit technology such as Tableau, IDEA and/or ACL is a plus.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a matrix environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, external auditors and other control partners to analyze business risks and controls.
- Masters degree in technology is a plus but not required.
- Certification including one or more of: CISA, CISSP, CISM or a CIA is preferred