Technical Writer at Bridges Consulting, Inc.
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
With the passion to make a difference, BRIDGES solves national security and commercial vulnerability challenges using cyber intelligence. In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes BRIDGES an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
We are hiring top talent for a rapid growth trajectory while maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage. Within the BRIDGES family, our employees are our first priority. We offer best-in-class compensation and benefits, a collaborative atmosphere, and opportunities to develop and advance; ... and we have fun!
Senior Technical Writer (20 - 40 hours a week)
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Explaining technical ideas in simple language.
- Write / document technical direction and capabilities on resume templates, product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, and marketing specifications.
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, etc. to establish technical specifications.
- Gather information on their subject, as required.
- Create user documentation for a variety of products and artifacts.
- Follow a life cycle called document development life cycle.
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
- Write and edit technical documentation, such as manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions according to standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Assist in layout of templates and documents.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with departments throughout the organization to establish follow technical specifications and to determine and develop subject material for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Select drawings, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Supports proposal efforts.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience as a System Engineer, Information Architecture, or Application Programming on systems that encompass information design / engineering.
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with SalesForce.com (desired)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Proven ability to write technical information for developers and systems engineers.
BRIDGES employees share certain characteristics that empower them to excel in supporting our customers and deliver results. We have a track record of success, we are adaptable, we take initiative, we are professional, engaging, and have relevant experience to our mission. Along with our recognition program that rewards employees with also have great benefits including cash bonus, and profit share. Our people make the difference here at BRIDGES.
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability