Project Manager at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Project Manager Job DescriptionEdelman Chicago
The Edelman Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of creative marketing, advertising and PR initiatives in service of Edelman clients. This position is part of Edelman’s Creative Project Management Team.
As a Project Manager your primary role is to bring an integrated team’s vision to life within the scope of the project. Oftentimes at the center of complex initiatives, you will lead the integration of creative components from account, planners, designers, copywriters, producers, and social media strategists (and others). You will be the common thread on projects, managing schedules and deliverables on all initiatives. In addition, this role may have some client contact.
Edelman Project Managers help define scope, budget, key milestones, timelines, and deliverables. They are responsible for ensuring that project deliverables connect with creative intent, meet time specifications and quality goals.
Creative project deliverables can include (but not limited to):
- Content Production – web content, branded content, print collateral
- Digital – site builds, online advertising, application development, social content, blogs
- Experiential – digital OOH, PR events, event signage
- Assist in planning and defining scopes in partnership with Account and Production leads; participate in the development of Statements of Work.
- Use project management tools to set and manage timelines.
- Work with our Resource Management team to establish staff plans, align planning/creative/producer needs and project staffing requirements.
- Oversee, manage, and communicate the status of multiple creative initiatives.
- Ensure the quality and consistency across all projects is consistent with brand guidelines.
- Author and maintain project schedules, project briefs, cost estimates and project financial management (OOP & fee) and other relevant project documentation with input from team members.
- With oversight from senior PM leaders, partner with Finance team to ensure projects stay on budget, fees are appropriate, and SOWs are approved.
- Work with Production Business Affairs and the Producers to ensure all talent and business requirements are completed on broadcast, web content and other production engagements.
- Raise scope creep to your supervisor, creative director, and account teams; manage SOW change order procedures as warranted.
- Provide project status on a regular basis to the project team(s).
- Work with the Account and Discipline Leads to resolve project-related issues; escalate larger project issues and risk to your supervisor.
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree.
- This role requires 2-5 years project management experience in an agency environment.
- Previous experience with web-based projects and within an interactive agency a plus.
- Must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Operational knowledge of strategy, design, and development/production deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exemplify a “get things done” mentality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project (or other similar project management tool) is required.