Director, Investment & Pension Solutions Marketing at Prudential
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Iselin, New Jersey
The Marketing Director, Investment & Pension Solutions Marketing will be responsible for orchestrating and guiding the Strategic Marketing activities for the Investment and Pension Solutions businesses within Prudential Retirement, including Pension Risk Transfer, Longevity Risk Transfer, Stable Value and Structured Settlements. The individual will lead a high caliber team of strategic marketing professionals and will report to the VP, Head of Institutional Marketing Strategy. There are three positions directly reporting to this individual, responsible for the marketing strategies and execution plans for the individual products that sit within the institutional business.
This individual will also work closely with Institutional business team members to refine and articulate the Institutional business value proposition and brand promise. The Marketing Director will also be involved in developing and driving an integrated strategic marketing plan that supports business objectives around growth, retention and profitability. The individual will work closely with corporate partners (Customer Office, Brand Marketing) and other division marketing leads to ensure alignment with the Corporate brand and foster partnership around cross division initiatives.
The Marketing Director will work closely with our Sales and Strategic Relationship group in addition to other constituents across the business (Product, Customer Experience, Research, Finance).
Success will be determined by this individual’s impact on:
- Sales, engagement, retention and profitable growth
- Creating a voice in the market place that creates differentiation and drives advocacy
- Implementing a low cost, scalable, low complexity operating model that enables the Marketing Execution operation to operate in a low cost, high impact fashion
- Bringing the value proposition to life and drive positive change in the organization that reinforces the value proposition
- Creating a positive organizational climate that encourages personal growth, team engagement and leads by example
The Institutional Marketing Director is a leadership role within an organization that is structured to partner with the business to drive growth and engagement. This individual will be accountable for contributing to scalable, high impact solutions that create differentiation in the market place.
- Develop and drive an integrated Marketing Strategy and Execution plan for the Institutional Businesses that is aligned to drive business results.
- Coach members of the Institutional Marketing Strategy team to develop high impact and focused marketing strategies and execution plans that reinforce the brand and value proposition, drive growth and engagement among various constituents.
- Ensure Institutional marketing plans are fully integrated and prioritized.
- Ensure marketing strategies reduce cost and complexity and are repeatable and scalable.
- Develop learning agendas and continuous improvement models for all activities.
- Ensure deep customer insight is at the center of all marketing plans.
- Ensure marketing activities adhere to budgeted allocations, advising on making trade-offs and choices to drive high impact solutions using the best methods possible.
- Ensuring an omnichannel, “end-to-end” mindset and connectivity across all marketing actions.
- Ensure we are maximizing impact of external and internal communications.
The ideal candidate will have strong business and strategic marketing experience with a proven track record of leading teams to create growth and market differentiation. Other relevant qualifications are:
- Minimum of 6-8 years in a strategic marketing or product management role in financial services; retirement and/or investment industry strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Understanding of economic business drivers, corporate finance strategies and financial instruments
- Familiarity with senior finance executive audiences (CFOs, Treasurers, etc.)
- Significant experience with B2B and B2C marketing
- Proven consulting skills enabling the individual to work with others to elicit information, to think objectively and analytically and to influence outcomes positively
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with external agencies
- Experience with digital marketing and new marketing trends
- Demonstrated experience leading a varied team of professionals
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the company, industry, products and services
- Ability to navigate a matrixed environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%