Senior Financial Services Auditor at Chubb
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
As a member of the Program Services Audit team, this position is responsible for completing of audits of Producers with Delegated Authority (“PDA’s” also known as Managing General Agents). Working collaboratively with business partners throughout the organization, perform audits focused on the Agencies’ compliance with financial, operational and regulatory requirements. The auditor will partner with various levels of internal and external management across the organization and at the agencies to analyze and communicate findings, recommend solutions, and assist in the development of meaningful action plans. The Program Services team is also responsible for performing projects requested by management over various compliance and management reporting matters.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently to plan, execute and report on program services audits, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communicate, in writing and verbally, with various levels of management internally and externally to discuss risks, communicate findings and advise on solutions to resolve issues.
- Plan and execute audits in accordance with the Program Services audit methodology, including tailoring the approach to the risks of each agency and maintaining quality work papers.
- Support the annual review of agency financial statements to assess potential credit risk to Chubb.
- Interact with multiple business partners (Underwriting, Agencies, Licensing, Internal Audit, etc.) as required.
- Facilitates, supports, and measures the execution of action plans.
- Is a strong contributor to the team, sharing ideas, corrective actions and process improvements.
- Stays current within respective field(s) of expertise as well as auditing concepts and business changes.
- 30% travel may be required (i.e. approximately 2 on-site audits per month, 2-3 days each).
- This position reports to the VP of Program Services.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and audit concepts including risk evaluation, internal controls and financial processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem resolution skills
- Proficient information systems understanding and skills, to include Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
- Knowledge of auditing software (e.g. ACL) preferred.
- Proficient in use of Chubb reporting systems (e.g. COGNOS) preferred.
- Ability to collect, dissect, and analyze complex data sets.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to excel independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong background in Insurance Operations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or proven insurance related experience.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in Financial, Operational or Compliance auditing role.
- CPA or other professional designation preferred.