Assistant General Manager at National Express Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lorton, Virginia
Global, Local, Total
National Express Transit (NEXT) is a rapidly growing provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services for transit authorities, municipalities and other clients across the country. NEXT is the US-based public transportation division of UK-based National Express Group, providers of nearly one billion safe journeys each year. We are currently seeking an Assistant General Manager for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in Springfield, VA.
- Providing effective guidance and leadership to the Customer Service Center Team (Drivers, Dispatchers, Office Personnel, and Supervisors)
- Maintaining a strong safety culture and monitoring safety processes/training
- Overseeing the daily operations (driver, routing, and vehicle activities) necessary to ensure employee and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Company policies/procedures, local regulations, and government regulations
- Assisting with establishing and achieving performance goals that are in alignment with Company objectives
- Assisting in the delivery of high quality customer service and maintaining/enhancing customer relationships
- Meeting regularly with the customer to review and enhance service quality and performance
- Analyzing financial performance and reviewing findings with General Manager
- Resolving a variety of issues and making recommendations
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the areas of safety, operations, finance, etc.
- Assisting the General Manager in identifying growth opportunities in the local area
- College education preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 -5 years of operations management experience
- Experience working in the student transportation or ground transportation industry preferred
- Strong results-oriented leadership skills with proven success in management
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and employee relations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices
- Budgetary/fiscal control experience preferred
- Policy administration experience preferred
- Well-developed time-management skills
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.nationalexpresstransit.com or http://www.nellc.com .
Key Words : Assistant General Manager, General Manager, Assistant Transportation Manager, Transportation Manager, Operations Manager, Contract Manager, Assistant Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Bus, Passenger, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Transport, Route, Routing, Safety, Passenger Safety, VersaTrans, Synovia, Edulog, Zonar