Budget and Reporting Specialist at McClatchy
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Charlotte, North CarolinaJob Description:
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring a Budget and Reporting Specialist to support local markets in daily budgeting and budget management. The main focus of this position is to maintain accurate numbers for Audience reporting, personnel records, and expense and revenue information.
The preferred location for this position is Charlotte, NC, however we will consider Raleigh, NC or Columbia, SC.
- Perform day-to-day budget functions such as accounts payable, reporting, updating stats and inventory/accrual analysis
- Provide budget support, forecasting, analyzing trends, and tracking revenue and expenses
- Prepare budgets, tracking and forecasting tools used to report performance on revenue and expenses
- Coordinates revenue, expense and Audience projections
- Perform financial functions for the Audience Development team, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, and inventory/accrual processes
- Create and update reports for analysis and interpretation of projections and make recommendations for strategies and solutions based on analysis of data
- Perform checks on data for accuracy and maintain adequate backup procedures to ensure the integrity of the budget process
- Act as liaison between Finance and other departments, assisting with education and interpretation of financial information
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred major in Accounting or Finance) AND a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Budgets in a mid to large sized corporation OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, budgetary, and management principles, practices, and procedures, forecasting methodologies, automated accounting, budgeting, and forecasting programs and performance measurement and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze fiscal management information, perform statistical analyses, identify and develop budgetary reports and schedules, analyze management problems and develop and present solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow
- Able to work effectively work on a distributed team
McClatchy is both a leading Digital Media Company and Publisher offering news, information and marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publication lineup includes iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Charlotte Observer and The (Raleigh) News and Observer, to name a few. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.