IT Specialist Mid Waterfront - Portsmouth (Government) at AT&T
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: NORFOLK, VirginiaJob Description:
Work Location: Norfolk Naval Shipyard (Portsmouth VA) (NFSH)
Four to nine (4-9) years of related experience in information systems.
- Under general direction, install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including MS server, Defense Message Systems, and other authorized information technology systems. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers.
- Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria. Prepares system documentation. establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Participates in special studies.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Possess a Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+
Must have a Secret clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V