Associate, Operational Risk Management at Prudential
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, New Jersey
PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $69.0 billion ($50.5 billion net) as of September 30, 2017
PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.pgimrealestate.com.
PGIM Real Estate’s Operational Risk Management (ORM) team is responsible for assessing and monitoring operational risks to PGIM Real Estate’s global business operations and for recommending and helping business to implement controls that mitigate those risks. The team supports PGIM Real Estate’s strategic business objectives by developing and maintaining effective and efficient risk management programs.
The team is currently seeking an Associate to support a team of three experienced risk directors with a wide variety of tasks, responsibilities and projects that span ORM, third party risk management (TPRM), insurance risk management, information security, privacy, records management, business initiatives and ad hoc requests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and apply Prudential’s ORM, TPRM, Privacy and other related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the risk management framework, programs and deliverables.
- Assist management with all aspects of the operational risk management program, including risk and control self assessments (RCSAs), key risk indicators (KRIs), risk event reporting, issue and action plan management, Archer risk system input and monthly risk committee reporting.
- Help facilitate the RCSA process by updating documents and entering updates to risks, controls and creation of issues/action plans as needed in the Archer risk system.
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly key risk indicators (KRIs) reporting by reaching out to business to obtain results, following up on out of range thresholds, establishing issues/action plans if needed and inputting into the Archer risk system.
- Analyze and report operational risk events, identifying root causes of control breakdowns, and assist business with documenting and closing remediation plans.
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and monthly tracking of issues and action plans resulting from RCSAs, Internal Audits, Risk Events, etc., including following up with business to obtain closure support and working with risk directors/managers to close items in Archer risk system.
- Lead the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) program by reviewing weekly reports that capture emails that have been flagged in the DLP system for possible proprietary business information violations and monthly DLP reports from the Business Information Security Office (BISO) which capture possible privacy violations to determine if follow up is needed.
- Establish effective relationships with PGIM ORM, PGIM Real Estate Business and Functional teams (e.g. finance, compliance, legal, etc.), as well as the broader risk management community (e.g. internal audit, TPRM, BISO, etc.).
- Assist with TPRM, Insurance Risk Management, Records Management, and Business Continuity processes as needed.
As needed, assist on special projects, presentation decks and ad hoc requests
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two to three years of work experience in risk management, SOX, audit, or similar function preferably within the institutional asset management business
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who can work independently and is eager to learn
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment, collaboration and success
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of management and management styles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects / demands and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to think outside the box and offer practical solutions
- Strong MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills required and Visio a plus
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.