Systems Administrator (NMMES) - Norfolk, Virginia at Imagine One Technology
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
Job Title: Systems Administrators (NMMES)
Job Code: 10331679
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Imagine One is seeking a wide range of candidates, with all levels of experience, to serve as Systems Administrators for a large Navy support contract.
Candidates with experience in Windows Administration and VMWARE VM Administration is required.
Work will be performed in Norfolk, Virginia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies
* Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production and development environment.
* Configure and implement Virtual Servers pertaining to Windows and RHEL where needed.
* Participates in reviewing performance logs and monitors system performance.
* Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes
* Installs, configures and tests software packages
* Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
* Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary
* Systems Administration experience various years for various levels. Experience for associate/junior level positions may be earned from work or academic pursuits.
* Experience to include at least VMWARE; Windows 2008/2012; Webservers and Active Directory.
* Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes (desired)
* Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices (desired)
* Associate Degree (AS/AA) or Bachelor Degree (BS/BA) in a relevant field, or possessing Systems Administrator expertise gained through prior education/training/employment such as military occupational specialty or classification
* Must meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570-01M which includes:
* Security+CE, (or one of the following equivalents: GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
* A computing environment certification such as Oracle Solaris Certified System Administrator.
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must have a favorably adjudicated SSBI or SSBI-PR updated within the past 5 years with eligibility for a top-secret DoD security clearance. Candidates meeting all positions requirements except the clearance requirement are encouraged to apply for future consideration
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.