Payroll Specialist (Hauppauge, NY) (5485-228) at Presidio Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: HAUPPAUGE, New York
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
We are looking for a detail oriented Payroll Specialist who can work in a fast paced office setting that requires a great deal of interaction among internal clients, associates and executives. The ideal candidate must be a people person who can work effectively both individually and as a team while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and discretion. The individual must have great verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact with a diverse group of people. S/He must know the technical elements of payroll, taxes and benefits, have great attention to detail, and be able to take initiative when needed. The ideal candidate will have ADP experience and will have experience working with multi-state payrolls of 2,000 employees or more in a shared payroll environment.
* Experience with ADP WFN10 (Work Force Now) environment, mainly through file uploads would be helpful as we transition to a new HR system.
* Processing bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls in an Ultipro (Ultimate Software) environment is a Plus!
* Validation of payroll data uploaded as well as review against prior payrolls.
* Validation & reconciliation of data between ADP and various benefit providers.
* Standard and ad hoc reporting as needed.
* Employee VOEs
* Assistance with information and audit requests.
* Assistance with payroll tax notices as needed.
* Monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to area business managers, HR and Corporate office employees.
* 401(k) Plan reporting, self-audits, assistance with annual audits with outside auditors.
* A Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent is required with a minimum of 2 years progressively responsible experience in payroll or a combination of education and experience. Payroll certification such as Certified Payroll detail oriented is a plus.
* Knowledge of federal , state (province) and local payroll laws and compliance procedures.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple business units and other support service functions in a detail oriented manner.
* Experience ADP or similar payroll systems.
* Experience with Ultipro (Ultimate Software) preferred but not required.
* Strong aptitude in the areas of payroll accounting, payroll tax reporting and related documentation.
* Advanced Microsoft excel skills and general Microsoft office and outlook applications.
* Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through our portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Hauppauge, New York, United States