Data Processor at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rochester, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman Intelligence is the strategic and insights-driven market research arm of Edelman – the world’s largest and most global public relations firm. Our mission is quite simple: We strive to make our client engagements strategies the smartest they can be. Whether it is redefining positioning, optimizing a messaging strategy or understanding human interactions with brands we are committed to engagements that marry creativity + strategy in the world of marketing communications.
Do you enjoy exploring big data and the interesting insights data analysis reveals? Do you have a background and/or experience working with quantitative data, especially survey and polling data? Do you want to work in a dynamic high-paced environment where you will contribute on original research for a wide variety of Fortune 500 corporate clients? If so, Edelman Intelligence is looking for you to join our Data Processing team.
- Organize, prepare, and create new variables in datasets to facilitate data analysis and research presentations
- Clean, process, merge, and append research data files
- Review surveys to ensure proper design and identify methodology errors
- Upload vendor-provided survey files to proprietary online data platform
- Create crosstabs, summary tables, and variable sets on proprietary online data platform
- Use Stata,SPSS, or other statistics programs to produce custom data analysis deliverables
- Explain and troubleshoot data results in easy to understand terms
- Consult and review data analysis needs and deliverables with account teams
- Generate custom data visualization deliverables for client decks
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, or Political Science
- 2 years of market research data processing experience
- Experience with quantitative research techniques and programming languages (Python, Java script, Visual Basic/VBA)
- Experience with statistical analysis software packages (SPSS, R, STATA) and survey programming suites (Dimensions, Decipher)
- Experience with statistical analysis concepts such as data weighting, correlations, regressions, and segmentation analyses
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)