Vice President, Brand Experiences at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
UEG is an award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing. We create breakthrough marketing by leveraging the people, places and platforms that shape pop culture. Our suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-sports partnerships, communications, branded content and experiential.
The team at UEG is a dynamic group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across entertainment, sports and lifestyle, paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications. This is a work hard, play hard environment where a true passion for culture are married with the desire to create business changing work for our clients.
UEG is seeking a full time Vice President within our experiential group with experience in the Beauty/Lifestyle space, available immediately. The Vice President strategically and creatively leads a team to build an experiential brand solution for a client that meets/exceeds outlined objectives and goals. Working through an integrated approach the experience allows consumers to make a connection with a brand by generating buzz, spreading awareness and motivating them to act. Solutions may include but are not limited to: events (consumer, B2B, editor), marketing promotions (pop-ups, mobile tours, street teams) and/or guerilla style marketing (sampling initiatives, wrapped vehicles).
Basic QualificationsThe Vice President must have at least eight years of relevant experience in experiential marketing and/or related fields including marketing, promotions and advertising. Additionally the candidate should have experience with beauty, fashion and lifestyle brands.
S/he will be able to lead and execute strategy-driven experiential programs and events for client to advance their business and brands. S/he will have a proven ability to help clients garner support, advance brands by creating programs that engage key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, media, partners and/or other businesses/organizations. S/he will be able to develop revenue by growing profitable client relationships. S/he will have an understanding of how experiential/marketing/promotions teams work from both client and agency-sides.
S/he will be entrepreneurial and professional with impeccable written, verbal communication and presentation skills. In addition, s/he will have a record of successfully stewarding client budgets through planning, resource management, forecasting and vendor negotiations; and s/he also can help solicit and win new business. S/he will be a superb people manager able to attract, motivate, retain, empower and coach staff, and will possess the vision, insight and confidence necessary to manage a team. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
A Vice President is responsible for the leadership and overall direction of an account team or group as it relates to client service, staffing, training, organizational development, and quality control. S/he will work to thoroughly understand UEG’s various consulting processes/approaches and capabilities, be able to demonstrate the value of these offerings to clients, and lead all aspects of their planning and execution. S/he also will lead and/or contribute to the winning or new client business.
Expected competencies include
- Serve as the primary contact or senior contact for clients
- Create research-driven, strategic experiential programs that meet or exceed client objectives
- Develop and oversee account team’s performance, ensuring quality work is done, efficient processes are in place, and client requests are handled in a timely fashion
- Use capabilities, talent and resources across UEG to meet client goals and budgets
- Formulate thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on broad communications and client landscape
- Take immediate action upon client feedback and help solve client problems
- Display an understanding of industry processes as well as UEG processes and put into practice
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills
- Demonstrate practical and advanced understanding of social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programs
- Craft and develop strategic experiential/event marketing plans with quantifiable metrics that meet and exceed client business objectives
- Develop strong vendor relationships to bring the best outside resources to the table and keep the team and client programming on trend and on strategy
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop and evaluate client programs
- Ensure performance expectations, career development plan and S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based) goals are set and reviewed annually during formal performance review process for all direct reports
- Provide ongoing, constructive feedback to staff, consistently hold them accountable, and address underperformance in a timely manner
- Mentor, coach and support all team members, and ensure you and your staff are constantly developing abilities through on-the-job- training and outside influences
- Help attract new talent and work to build a team with diverse views and backgrounds
- Develop staff to become capable of assuming more senior roles
- Set achievable goals and tasks, delegate opportunities and provide resources for direct reports to meet their goals consistently measure and recognize goal achievement
- Oversee quality control of team’s assignments including program development, proposals, production schedules and onsite execution
- Establish achievable growth targets annually
- Seek out, coordinate and facilitate cross-office teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling work
- Cultivate business growth opportunities among existing and prospective clients
- Lead and contribute to new business proposals
- Understand core financial constructs including revenue, profitability, pricing structures (hourly vs retainer accounts), utilization, realization, budgeting and forecasting
- Negotiate client and vendor contracts and manage client budgeting and authorization process prior to beginning work
- Develop and manage accurate client project budgets using the firm’s financial system
- Proactively plan and maintain team structures to ensure reasonable workloads, optimized profitability, accommodation to project and budget changes, and to avoid over servicing
- Approve time, expenses and Pos accurately and regularly
- Help ensure the team follows UEG’s financial policies and processes
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with UEG’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business
- Conduct and require direct reports to do the same
- Lead by examples; demonstrate strong work ethic, creative abilities and industry expertise
- Communicate and inspire colleagues and staff through vision, goals and strategy for client teams and guide them to produce creative and effective outcomes
- Set and pursue challenging stretch goals for you and your staff
- Manage conflicts well
- Participate in the development and adoption of new products, services, intellectual property and thought leadership materials related to your areas of expertise
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends and demonstrate expert understanding of how they integrate into experiential programs