Senior Product Manager - Advanced Solutions Product Leader - Chicago, IL at The Nielsen Company
Posted in Advertising 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Senior Product Manager - Advanced Solutions Product Leader
Imagine working closely with some of the largest Consumer Packaged Goods retailers and manufacturers worldwide to help them better understand their most difficult business challenges through the use of advanced analytics. With Nielsen Advanced Solutions, you’ll have the opportunity to research, design, develop and apply new, sophisticated, and innovative analytical methods to develop groundbreaking solutions where none exist today. We are seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to evaluate new ideas for broad distribution across the Nielsen client portfolio. A successful Senior Product Manager will have superior knowledge of analytical concepts and the ability to articulate model concepts and results. In this role you will be responsible for strategy development as well as personal research, user needs identification and product roadmap generation.
This role is ideal for someone with a unique blend of big data analytics methods and Business Intelligence technical savvy; with a curious mind and the ability to think with a client view.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities (eg, persona development, needs identification, ideation, prototyping, iteration)
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting industry market research
- Developing and presenting the business case for investment in new solutions, including the value proposition
- Creating strong relationships with senior leaders across Operations, Technology, Data Science, Commercial, etc in support of new solutions for our clients
- Set strategic direction and play a strong role in execution for markets where we test new approaches before expanding to other markets
Minimum and Desired Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; preferred MBA in Marketing, Market Research, or related field
- 10+ years experience in software product development with direct retail and/or manufacturer experience desired
- Proven experience working with a senior level of experienced, highly intelligent subject matter experts and data scientists
- Strong leadership skills and ability lead cross-functional teams from strategy to execution
- Combination of strategic thinker and executor
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to collaborate across teams
- Effective organizational skills providing the ability to identify priorities and meet all deadlines
- Ability to communicate with all areas and levels at the client and at Nielsen and work cross-functionally across Nielsen
- Self-starter who has a strong drive to exceed expectations
Disposition to simplify research, work processes, and complex statistical concepts
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. “