Senior Auditor at The Bridgehampton National Bank
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: HAUPPAUGE, New York
As a Senior Auditor one will be responsible for managing and executing the Internal Audit program for assigned operational, compliance, financial, and branch audits. The individual will maintain responsibility for performing annual risk assessments, Sarbanes-Oxley testing and oversight, continuous monitoring, and closure verification activities. The Senior Auditor will also be responsible for assisting with the coordination and delegation of the daily activities for staff auditors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute internal audit engagements in accordance with the department’s audit methodology and professional standards, and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Develop or update audit programs, including identification of key controls, risks, and test work attributes.
- Perform audit procedures by reviewing and analyzing evidence and document audit tests of design and operating effectiveness in a concise manner through preparation of detailed audit work papers in accordance with departmental standards. This includes providing clear explanations of audit procedures performed in audit work papers.
- Apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify potential concerns.
- Identify, document, and communicate audit exceptions and identified findings to Internal Audit management and audit clients with proposed dispositions and recommendations to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Supervise staff auditors and provide guidance, management, and oversight. This includes preliminary review of work papers and deliverables to ensure the appropriate and timely completion of assignments in accordance with departmental standards and agreed upon deadlines.
- Responsible for the completion of the Sarbanes-Oxley testing on behalf of management in accordance with departmental standards and agreed upon deadlines.
- Perform continuous monitoring and closure verification and ensure proper documentation in accordance with departmental standards and agreed upon deadlines.
- Coordinate with the Audit Manager and Director of Internal Audit to establish appropriate budgets and timeframes.
- Ensure adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments in line with standard audit career progression and proactivity seek relevant education and training opportunities.
- Responsible for the coordination and delegation of staff auditors, which includes providing oversight and guidance to team members and facilitating development plans for direct reports.
- Assist with the completion of annual risk assessments
- Perform special projects and assignments under the direction of department management.
To be considered, one must possess:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years experience in Audit
- Banking experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Audit Methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills