Business Analyst Lead at USAA
Posted in Project Management 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Business Analyst Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Within assigned operational area, incumbent conducts analysis and evaluation of business data to identify solutions to moderate to complex business problems. Works to ensure operational processes are integrated and effective across the organization. Implements business strategy and goals through the collection, analysis, review, reporting, documentation and communication of business needs and requirements. Manipulates data for research to support the business in identifying problems and solutions. Duties may include the generation of regular and special reports and the recommendation of changes in methods or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Performs professional duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Applies subject-matter-expert functional knowledge to produce complex work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
- Manages broad functional projects and/or participates as a SME project resource on larger initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates significant improvements to processes and systems.
- Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Serves as a team lead and may be a proxy for middle-management leadership.
- Coaches and provides on-the-job training for other team members.
- Bachelor Degree OR 12 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Subject-matter-expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Excellent story-telling skills; able to translate complex analytical out put into digestible, relevant findings from business perspective
- Able to scope & frame complex business problems; comfortable translating open ended business questions into actionable hypothesis
- Experience working with bank data/analytics/strategy ideal; other financial services experience preferred
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/23/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.