Front End Developer - Business & Economics at West Virginia University
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The College of Business and Economics at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a temporary Front End Developer. This position will assist with the design and front-end development of high profile websites and web applications for the College to support the WVU digital brand.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Create responsive websites from inspiration to completion for a variety of platforms and products.
- Utilize content management systems (CMS) and create website templates.
- Maintain website compliance to federal accessibility standards.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems with pages in various browsers and be able to fix problems as they arise utilizing a command line interface (CLI).
- Assess website performance by testing and improving code, including troubleshooting for various web browsers.
- Explore new technologies and designs on other sites and provide options and comparisons.
- Coordinate HTML email composition and testing.
- Manage the B&E website and ensure content is updated.
Length of Assignment: 8 months
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, multimedia or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
- Converting Photoshop templates to HTML5 and CSS
- Developing responsive, mobile-friendly websites
- One (1) year of experience in the following is preferred:
- Working on Web design mockups in Photoshop or Illustrator
- Creating HTML email
- Integrating designs into content management systems
- Expert knowledge of modern prototyping tools (such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, etc.)
- Knowledge of current accessibility techniques and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of coding