Security Guard at Arhaus
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston Heights, Ohio
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the DC Planning Manager and the DC Operations Management Team manage and control all scheduled and unscheduled inbound trailers that enter the yard and any sub-contractors working on site.
- Communicate to DC Operations Team via radio communication all inbound arrivals prior to arriving at the designated door.
- Document all incoming trailer/chassis to ensure they are directed to the appropriate door locations with Planning, Receiving and Line haul Supervisors as well Sr. Yard Driver.
- Coordinate with shipping department and yard drivers for the proper staging/parking location of empty trailers.
- Review and document all outbound trailers/chassis to ensure BOL contains, correct trailers number, and seal number. Ensure prior to departure seal is secure and affix to the trailer. Initial the BOL and log the driver out of the yard (date/time).
- Initial/sign Arhaus copies of inbound BOLs as appropriate and keep them organized, ensuring that the appropriate personnel receives them at end of shift.
- Coordinate with the UPS Supervisor the pickup and drop times for all parcel package deliveries.
- Maintain an Excel spreadsheet that tracks all inbound/outbound trailers. This is a “running: report that lists all trailers on property and their status (empty, full, live load, etc.). Oversees 2nd and 3rd shift Yard Management Coordinators to assure proper use and on-going accuracy of the report.
- Maintain, refine and/or improve processes within the area to meet requirements which include deadlines and quality standards.
- Create pass down report for the second and third shift teams covering – inclusive of any incidents or discrepancies which occur during the day – report to immediate supervisor.
- Follow procedures set forth by Supply Chain Management on time and attendance
- Emphasize safety and quality commitments for the department and ensure 100% compliance with the department’s processes and procedures.
- Ensure overall facility security and report any suspicious activity/persons to the appropriate authority or manager
- Able to prioritize workload and requests in order to assign work to be scheduled and completed in a timely and economical manner.
- Adapts to change quickly and easily and performs effectively during times of change; demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manages competing priorities effectively
- Builds respectful and effective working relationships; collaborates with others to achieve common goals
- Conveys information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; adjusts communication to meet the needs of the audience
- Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of internal and external customers
- Demonstrates initiative by acting as a self-starter; takes on increased responsibility to enhance one’s contribution
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma; College degree preferred
- Years of experience: No less than 2 – 5 years of security/law enforcement position
- Computer proficiency: proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar suite
- Ability to train individuals
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed to manage department
- Understanding of general work practices in warehousing and distribution center processes and procedures
- Knowledge of coaching and counseling of staff
- Ability to write simple reports, use a computer, and present information to groups of managers.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as BOL’s , Freight logs and intermodal trans documents, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.