Valencia Distribution Center - Warehouse Picking Lead at L'Oreal USA
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Valencia, California
Picking Warehouse Lead
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends
We are seeking a Picking Warehouse Lead to work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at our Valencia, California warehouse. This full time position is located at 28145 W. Harrison Parkway Valencia, CA 91355.
As a Picking Warehouse Lead, you will be a role model for all others on the shift as you work alongside them and ensure that outgoing parcels are routed, processed and documented efficiently and accurately. You will mentor and train new employees and be the right hand to the Operations Supervisor. An excellent work ethic, keen eye for detail and strong people skills are a must! The individual s normal work hours are Monday through Friday. Occasionally it may be necessary for this individual to work outside of their normal scheduled hours; according to business needs. Overtime must be approved by your manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Removes product from conveyor according to order specifications
* Picks order in accordance with location, SKU number and descriptions
* Fulfills salon and store orders
* Recommend improvements to gain efficiencies
* Shares in housekeeping responsibilities for the work area
* Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
* Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request by management
* Replenishes the pick line and all of the locations
* Adheres to and appreciates all safety procedures and routines
* Trains and mentors others
Knowledge and Skills
* Excellent listening and communication skills
* High School diploma required
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to keep up with a faced paced environment and a moderate-speed conveyor line
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
* Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
* Proficiency with numbers and strong basic math skills
* Excellent work ethic a must
* Valid forklift operator s license desired
* Two years experience using an RF scan gun required
* Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
* Ability to speak and understand English
What We Offer
* A competitive compensation package
* Paid Vacation
* Paid holidays
* A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.