Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Antonio, Texas
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Driller Helpers to join our Business and Construction team in San Antonio, TX.
Ranked #17 on the 2017 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Driller Helpers will support the Building and Construction business by assisting the drillers, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations.
• Assisting Driller/Operator with maintenance and tools
• Perform various drilling activities including assisting the Driller/Operator with soil drilling, sampling, classification, in-situ testing, and monitoring well installation.
• Responsible for maintaining necessary logs/records and filing reports.
• Responsible for safety procedures on site.
• Requires ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds regularly.
• Requires ability to stand for long periods 8-10 hours daily
• Must be able to perform duties in adverse weather and site conditions.
• Work atmosphere will normally be loud due to noise from drill rigs
• Must be able to go out of town for periods of 2 weeks at a time
• Have reliable transportation
• Pass Background Check
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.